twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

How can I work out my abs, when I have a really bad back? I cant afford to get hurt again,but my abs look bad.

I am just recovering from Cancer and should be ok. Im young, 22, so I really want to get back in shape. My spinal cord membrain has been depleated due to radiation therapy... so I need some other way to get my abs back into shape without killing my back. Thanks for any advice.
Answer:
Please go to a professional! I know western athletic clubs has a program that will give cancer survivors a free membership to one of thier gyms and free sessions with s specially trained trainer. other links below
take some pain med and then do 10 sit ups 5 pushups and do that 1 time every week then that should help
I use the Cross Crunch. It's quick, easy, and most of all everything's done from your chair. I also have a bad back, so the floor wasn't an option for me. It's very effective if you do it right.
i guess ur under physio therapy right now for the back. u could ask ur therapist the extent of exercises ur core muscles can do. most exercises invovling abs work the back out too as the both belong to the core muscle group.i would suggest for you to rehab ur back before starting on your abs.for a start u can start with back raises and a little situps. when ur used to that, go for the more straineous exercises. just rmb to stretch before and after u exercise to prevent further injuries. good luck
Funny, I was just reading a Pushing Yourself to Power and the author mentioned that martial arts legend Bruce Lee hurt his back doing some crazy exercise and then turned to isometric exercises as the solution (to allow him to continue exercising).The author defines them as follows: "exercises that utilize ultra high tension in fixed positions against an immovable object or resistance." They don't sound like they'd be that effective, but if you've got a bad back it may be your best bet.
I watch the show Workout on Bravo. I recently visited the website for fitness tips and one of the trainers did an ab exercise that involved deep breathing. All you do is stand as straight as you can and breath in and out. With each breath, you pull your abs in, even on the exhale. To see the clip:
www.bravotv.com/Work_Out/index...
Click on diet and fitness tips
The clip is on page 2 and is called Breathe Better AbsHope this helps!
Try using a slant board. Do modified sit-ups on a slant board and go slow. In a gym I used to go to they had one that you lay on with your head down . The board stops at your knees and you hook your feet under a bar. I hope this description makes sense. I have a bad back and this is what the people a t the gym recommended for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net