twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How do I cut down on carbs?

I looked at my daily analysis and I have an awful lot of carbs.Date:2007-05-03
Calories: 756
Grams: 1246 (100%)
Fat: 3 grams (3.7%)
Carbs: 149 grams (79.1%)
Protein:19 grams (10%)Right. And I'll probably post my menu too.BreakfastPears 139 grams 81 calories
wheatcakes 10 grams 34 calories LunchSpaghetti - Cooked, plain 250 grams 353 calories
Ketchup 20 grams 19 calories
Diet Coke 500 ml 2 calories

DinnerSpaghetti - Cooked, plain 70 grams 99 calories
Sugar 3 grams 12calories
Tang (a drink) 50 ml 13caloriesSnacksApples 212 grams 110 calories
wheatcakes 10 grams 34 calories

Total Calories Consumed: 756I know the calorie total is a tad low, and I'm working on that. But what concerns me is that I have about 80% carbs.
Any idea how to cut down on that?
Answer:
Cut out the spaghetti, first of all, have green veggies and chicken. Use Splenda in your Tang instead of sugar.
well this diet works . . but ive been told that once you go on a low carb diet, you can never go back to eating carbs becaus eyour body looses some of the ability to convert them, so if you ever go back to eating carbs you get real big real fast, but if you want to still lower carb intake, pasta, potatoes, startchy foods, all bad, ive heard carrots are bad and tomatoes . . .but if i was you i woudl still eat fresh fruits and vegtables
Check out the zone diet. You can get a book. It's awesome! I've lost 35lbs!www.thezone.com
Well, cut out the pasta and any flavored beverages. Anything that contains flour is something you should cut out. Try and drink only water (coming from me that is a huge task - I have a hard time doing that, but when I cut soda out entirely, I lost several pounds in only a couple of weeks). If you must have bread for sandwiches, try using low-carb mulitgrain wraps instead. The best thing, however, it start to diligenty read food labels and you'll start learning what is low carb and what isn't.
Switch one of your speghetti meals to some vegetables and fish or chicken. If you only eat spaghetti every meal You may turn into speghetti (advice from my grandmother)
Try sushi for lunch. Do you have it nearby ?Salmon, tuna and eel sushi contain approximately 200 calories per four ounce serving. The number is cut by half if the sushi uses Shrimp and octopus. That鈥檚 not including the nutrition that the fish holds, such as: B Vitamins, selenium and Omega 3 acids. Studies has proven that those omega 3 acids actually good for your health.Sushi is also a good lunch for those who are on weight loss diet due to the small servings size they are served.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net