twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How do I continue running when I'm breathing hard?

Tomorrow I have to do the mile run in gym, and I want to get a good score. My endurance isn't that good.
Answer:
Just pace yourself, don't go too fast. I run track and I have terrible endurance. To get your endurance up you really have to start training early.Goodluck!
If you're breathing hard you should perhaps slow down a little bit and catch your breath. It's better that you prepare for the race by getting good sleep, eating a good breakfast, and stretching before running. Try to run at a consistent speed the whole time instead of starting off very fast and then tiring yourself out.
Take the mile steadily and try to maintain your speed at a very mildly challenging, comfortable pace. If you concentrate on that, you'll finish before you know it, with a decent time. Its okay to breathe hard- its good for you, as long as you don't do it for TOO long... Good luck tomorrow
I have friend who told me that breathing in through your nose and out through your mouth helps, because your lungs expand more when you breathe through your nose. I've tried it, and it seems to help.
Remember that running for endurance has a lot to do with your mental strength. You could set little goals, like say, I just have to run to that post, and then when you get to the post, say, I just have to run around the corner... it's so easy to stop when you start to feel the pain and the burn... but if you can get past the mental block, you can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net